Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Football weather.

Tonight’s picture is one taken when we were in Vegas the Friday of the reunion. Good memories! I should have taken the camera with us tonight, but I forgot to take it. We went to Lawton to watch Bruce play in a football game. It was perfect football game weather; I thank God for that. I took my coat with a hood, a scarf and gloves and a blanket. With all that and no wind I did just great. The boys played great and won 20 - 0. I should have taken the camera, but I wasn’t on the ball. Davy and Susan were there, but Erica stayed home to work on a project. She’s a senior this year, so I guess most everything she has to do is pretty important. We missed her, but it was great to see everyone else.

I got Don’s herbs and vitamins done from last night and was able to get another set of 75 thrown today, but I’ll have to package them tomorrow. Tomorrow is also laundry day to get everything clean so we can pack to go to Houston on Saturday.

This trip to Houston is going to be fun. We’ll see our friend (my 'adopted' little sister, Terri) on the way to Houston. She’s going to meet us in Fairfield for lunch. Then we’ll get into Doris and Jerry’s on Saturday night. The time changes that night; I think we lose and hour, so we’ll be ready to go to bed early. We should see both her boys and their families at church on Sunday, so that’ll be fun! Monday another friend is going to meet us for lunch in Houston. Then Tuesday is my appointments with MD Anderson. I don’t expect any problems; I’m not aware of anything suspicious. Then Wednesday through Friday we’re going to a patient/caregiver retreat hosted by the Wellness Center at MD Anderson. It is in Navasota, TX, so we’ll be about an hour north of Houston. We’ll leave there after lunch on Friday, heading for home. We’ll make it home late Friday night. So, we’ll be gone a week, get some really good visiting done and a good retreat, too.

All is well here. I continue to feel great. Thanks for keeping up with us. We love you and thank God for you and that you care!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo!! Best wishes for your checkup in Houston. I'm sure there will be no surprises!
    Time wise, in the fall we "fall back an hour" so you will get to live the same hour all over again! So, when you go to bed at 10pm it will really be 9 pm. Or another way to look at it, when you get up the next day it will be 7 am, not 8 am. Now that I have thoroughly confused myself I will sign off. Have a great trip and week. All looks good here in Estill at this time! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo, you truly amaze me and I just can't keep from telling you that. I guess as we get older and see younger ones so able to go and do like you, makes us kinda forget once we were able to do things too. And some people don't really age as much as I feel like I have. My Sister from Paducah, Ky. was here over the weekend and we sure did enjoy that. Jane got home Thurs. 23rd and we sure were happy to see her. She and Tom will go to Branston next Thursday for a few days. Thanks to our Dearest Friends, Phil and Ruthie, we feel protected! We will be praying for a safe trip to Houston and a good report, which like you, we are feel will be nothing but good!!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Linda! Thanks for the best wishes for my checkup in Houston. I think it will go smoothly; if it doesn't I will be surprised!

    Thanks for your attempt to straighten me out with the time, too. It's like getting a good grip on jello for me. I just get up when Don tells me it's time. Falling back and getting to live the hour over again is something I might be able to grasp. I had to chuckle that you confused yourself; that sounds so like me!

    Keep it smooth in Estill and we'll see you before we know it!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Dot and Frazier! I'm so glad that Jane is home. Ruthie told me that your sister even went on the hayride at church! What a sport she is! We are blessed with sisters, aren't we!

    Be sure to tell Jane and Tom to go see Pierce Arrow while they are in Branson. They are the Best in Branson, in my opinion. They are like a cross between the Statler Brothers and the Oak Ridge Boys.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete