Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fading magnolia bloom.

This is a picture don just took of me with today’s flowers. The magnolia is on it’s way out, but I love it even when it’s fading. I love the way it stays white around the edges; it’s like it’s outlined. See the rebloomer? I think it’s October Splendor; I’ll have to have Joan remind me or correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve got a couple more stalks in the back, so they’ll be blooming soon. I love these rebloomers for brightening the fall!

I walked by myself today. My friend, Deb was sick and Don was watching football. It’s more fun to walk with someone, but it invigorates me to be able to do it by myself. It’s a great time for me to meditate and commune with God for all He has given me.

I’ve done my ‘basement exercises’ and my cane exercises. I still have to do the resistance ones. The resistance ones are done with a big rubber band and a rubber cord. I can do them in front of the TV and most of them in the car if we’re traveling. The ‘basement exercises’ are ones I do with the pulley on the door. I also have an ab-lounger that I use down there. Of course the cane ones I can do in the living room, but I get them done when I walk; it gets more done in the same time, plus it makes the walk go by more quickly. Wow, it was beautiful for walking today!

So, I’m off to do the resistance exercises in front of the Desperate Housewives.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo, another fan of the housewives. I feel so guilty about it tho..but I cannot tear myself away.
    I also can't believe that your magnolia is still blooming. Mine stopped about 2 months ago..what gives with that? dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep; I can't resist the housewives. I'm hooked on the dancers, too!

    I think my magnolia is confused. I must have stood too close to it when I was doing chemo. It's really not supposed to be blooming right now, but I'm so thrilled that it is, so I'm giving thanks and enjoying every bloom until it falls apart completely.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete