Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mason, thinking.


This is Mason, in thought; I wonder what he was thinking. Maybe he’s remembering the jelly beans that were in that jar in his hands. He’d graciously shared them with Grace. Grace took this picture of Mason when they were here last week.

Today was another great day, but WAY windy here! When we got home from church the wind had blown windmill weeds back up against our back door. There was no time to get them today because the wind was blowing too hard. We’ll see what tomorrow brings. I walked by myself and it was blowing so hard that it was hard to stand up, let alone walk! It was cool, though. One of our elder’s mentioned in class this morning that times when we are alone are so great for worshiping. I so agree. When I walk with all that wind it makes me feel like I’m being swept along by God. I loved it. Thankfully, it wasn’t bitter cold, so it was nice to be walking with shorts and a sweat shirt. Man, I sure thank God for the ability to walk, for the wind, and for times I can be alone with just Him.

Today was the day some of us from church do a devotional at the nursing home. That is really a good time for me, too. It’s so sweet to me to see people who really struggle to be productive because their mental ability is so confused, but they still find joy in singing songs of praise. These people in the nursing home need and give love and I’m grateful to be in their loop with them.

Recalling last week when Trish came with Sadie, Mason, Grace and Raynie, I sure give thanks for that time and their safe trip. We missed Rob and Nate and Gabe, but I give thanks that the boys are growing up and maturing as they should and that Rob is a wonderful dad who would stay home with them and encourage Trish to come home for a visit with us. God is great to give us wonderful families.

No comments:

Post a Comment