Sunday, October 12, 2008


This is a picture taken of Don and I at his reunion last night. We really have such a good time with these people. He went to school with them until the 4th grade when his family moved, but he remembers them and many of them remember him, too. When we moved here 12 years ago we went to their reunion and they readily welcomed both of us. It’s fun to get together with them every other year. They, too, have been very supportive of me through this breast cancer journey. I look at this picture and see that my ‘baseball tan’ is fading and I probably need to consider some blush. I still walk and we get as much sun as possible, but it’s not the same as spending the day at the ball park in the middle of summer!

We finished up his reunion this morning with juice, coffee and hot cinnamon rolls and then a brief devotional. It was really nice. Then we headed to church and capped that off with a fellowship meal. The men stayed for a men’s meeting and I walked with a good friend from church. It was a gorgeous day for walking! I love it when I can walk in the middle of the day and not sweat into a puddle! I thank God for these days and intend to enjoy them as long as they last. We get lots of good days here. There are only about 3 or 4 weeks in the winter that are really bitter cold. I hope we’re gone to Branson or someplace when those days hit!

After another sweet reunion I am reminded to thank God for precious people in our lives. Life would be different without others with whom we can share it; I thank God for putting us together with a need to share life with others. It was fun to walk with Debbie today! God bless; have a great week and enjoy your great weather and friends and family.

4 comments:

  1. You and Honeyman look so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I just have to comment!! You and Don are the absolute picture of a Happy Couple!! I love it. It sure sounds like you both are having fun and after all that is what keeps you young!! It seems every picture, you look younger.
    Now the picture of Sweet Raynie, It is so precious!! I am like you, I like to think what people are thinking or whatever. Most time I am wrong but it is fun. Keep on having fun while the sun shines. Enjoy every minute of every day and I know there is no need to tell you to do that. Keep up the good work!!! I also like your flowers. It reminds me so much of Janie and her love of flowers. I love them too but don't have the skill that she does. We are looking forward to the 22nd when we expect her back. She and Tom will go to Branston Nov. 6 I think Tom said for 4 days. They too are having fun!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Terri! I know that has to be you since you called Don Honeyman and you think we look cute. Ha!

    Love and miss you,

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot and Frazier, we so love your comments! We ARE so happy and have so much fun together. We've been working on our schedule today and are hoping to get to Springville after Thanksgiving and see you all.

    It rained today and we still had fun working on our travel schedule. We look forward to seeing folks we've missed for the last couple of years.

    I know you'll be so glad when Jane gets back! I hope we'll catch her there when we come! She's amazing to be there for you and manage to spend some time with Tom, too! She's one of those magic moms, I think!

    Love you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete