Saturday, October 25, 2008

Precious memories.

This picture is of Mason hugging Raynie when they were here and we were over at Exploration Station. Mason always amazes me at how tough he is but how gentle and sweet he can be. Raynie is lucky to have such a great big brother. She has two other big brothers, but they are so much older they’ll be off and gone to college when she still needs a protector. Nate is 16 and Gabe will be 14 next month. Mason is 8, so he’ll be around for Raynie for a while. I think it’s a good thing for girls to have a big brother. I always had one; he was 8 years older than me, and he was a big comfort to me through the years. (I overlooked all the times he scared me to death, I guess, believing he’d use that skill to protect me if needed.) We sure miss the kids, but we treasure the memories of the times they’re here. Having pictures sure helps. Check out Mason’s shoes: one brown one and one blue one! He’s such a hoot. On our way home from Vegas we found those shoes on sale, so I bought him two pairs, one blue and one brown. He likes to wear them mixed! They’d laugh at me if I did that! If I do, I’m going to act like I did it on purpose to be cute like Mason!

Last night was fun playing cards. We celebrated Floyd’s birthday that’s coming up on November 1 when we’ll be on our way to Houston. He’ll be 83. The women took compassion on him and let the guys win one out of three games. We thought that was the least we could do.

Last night it was cold here (37 I think!), but it warmed up nicely today. We walked for half our walk and then Don came home to watch football and I went back and did the last half by myself. It was such a gorgeous day that I couldn’t resist being outside. I really believe it’s good for me to walk, too, and it gives me a great opportunity to ‘raise lots of cane.’

I’ve got all my exercises done for today, so I’m going to catch up on some reading this evening. I think Don will be into football all night. I’ve got some reading to do that he has assigned to me. HA! He does lots of research and culls out what he thinks I need to read so that we can be on the same page. I appreciate him doing that, so I’d better get with the program, as Daddy would say. I thank God for a Daddy whose memory I can treasure. (I overlook his imperfections, too; he did mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment