Monday, October 27, 2008

Tough kids.


The picture tonight is one of Grace and Mason hanging from the monkey bars. Mason is all over that thing and Grace is too. Grace just amazes us! She’s no bigger than a minute, but she is so incredibly strong. Don lifts her up to the bars and she takes off and goes the whole way over to the other side and then comes back, backwards to the very beginning! She goes the whole way giggling, too! There were a couple of other little girls at the park and Don would put them up there and they’d drop right down. They just couldn’t do it. I guess they haven’t had the practice that Grace has had. She’s a tough one! We’re really proud of her and Mason; they are both sweet as can be but tough as nails!

Today was cooler, but we still got to walk and enjoyed it. My day was all turned around because I had to ’throw herbs’ today. That’s always a hard couple of days when I have to do that. It’s hard because I have to get all the containers out and then all the herbs and vitamins. Then I have to COUNT them all out and counting is difficult for me, anymore. Then I have to package them. It’s all hard on my back, I guess because of the position of me sitting and holding my arms out over the containers, etc. Anyway, instead of getting my exercises all done as early as possible, I left them for breaks from time to time to get away from the herbs. It worked okay. I still have jiggling to go, but that’s very relaxing and I’ll do it after my bath. I’ve got all of Don’s herbs thrown for 75 days and about half of them packaged. My goal is to get done with his tonight before my bath, so I’m headed back to that task.

I thank God that we have these supplements available to us and that we’ve had the time to research and study them so that we know what to take. I also thank God that Don and I AGREE to take them. It’s a big financial commitment and a big commitment in time and energy to put them all together. We really believe that taking them for the last 16 years has made us both healthier than we would have been if we hadn’t taken them. We really believe that they are helping me to recover better than I would have if I hadn’t taken them all these years. We believe that my immune system was strong and able to take the onslaught of chemo and radiation better than I could have if I hadn’t been taking them before and since. I didn’t take them during because the doctors advised me not to take them as they might interfere with the chemo and radiation. So, these days of ’throwing herbs’ are difficult for me, but we believe it’s worth it. I trust God to take care of me, but I also believe that He expects me to do what I know is good to do, just as I believe I must do the exercises. Someone said that God provides food for all the birds, but He doesn’t throw it into their nests. In the same way, I believe I have to do all I can do to assure my recovery. We believe that God is making my recovery possible, and we are doing all we can to work with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment