Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A hike along the lake.

The layout will be a little different tonight.  I can't get my screen to move so that I can see what I'm typing, so I'm going to type first and then put the picture at the bottom.  The picture will be one I got of Suzanne and I hiking out by the lake at the fish hatchery yesterday.  It was a great, great day.

Today was another good day.  It was overcast, but not windy.  We walked and I was comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt.  I am so grateful that Suzanne is here with me.  She's going with me to places where Don and I had spent lots of time walking last year and in previous years.  To have gone there alone would have been heart breaking for me; it's so much easier to have someone with me.  I thank God for her helping me to make the transition into a life without Don by my side.  She lost her Mom back in May, so we both have some healing to do.  We've had some good therapy sessions.  I'm totally safe with her, and it's been a real comfort to get to share this time.  I thank God for her in my life always, but it's been extra special this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment