Friday, March 16, 2012

Won Two Games! 11/3 and 6/3

I made it to Springfield and back with no problems,  The day was perfect for softball, and Jessies' team won the two games I got to see.  They were playing another when I left, but I had to leave or drive in the dark and driving in the dark is not a good thing for me.  It was wonderful to see Jessie and Jeff and Jeanette and Sharon!  I took my camera, but the batteries failed on me.  I just put them in this morning, so I guess they were lousy batteries.  I took a few pics this morning, but not enough to run down the batteries.  I put new ones in when I got back and got the above, windblown picture.  Actually, I think my hair looks better windblown than it did in the pics I got this morning with it combed.  Go figure!  I guess that's why people play high dollar for the tousled look?  At least it was free for me!

This is my last night in this condo.  I'll check out in the morning and move out to the lake and check in and get ready to greet Trish and her family for this last week.  I'm so glad they can join me.  I thank God for the folks who have joined me this winter and spring.  Everything is more fun when shared.  Don and I used to feel sad when we saw someone alone and that was before I KNEW how sad it really is.  I'm glad he never had to KNOW the sadness of alone.  In a book I'm reading on grief one of the people who had lost their mate said that they feel their last act of love toward their loved one was to be the one that was left rather than be the one who left.  It's something to ponder.  I thank God that Don wasn't left; I would have hated that for him.  I listen to the song, "I Can Only Imagine," and I'm happy that Don isn't imagining anymore; he has it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment