Friday, March 30, 2012

Note to self; wear red to teach.

This picture I took today after school,   I was rushing to get off to OKC for the weekend.  I'm here at Tricia's for the night.  Tomorrow I'll watch Gracie play a soccer game and then go watch Jessie play in two softball games!  I'm sure looking forward to a day of games with the girls!

My day at school today was really great.  I loved everything about it.  I had the best kids and I even enjoyed teaching social studies.  I get to teach for the same teacher next Thursday.  She is the high school girls' softball coach, so maybe I'll get to teach for her when they have more games.  If I don't get to teach, I'd like to go watch the girls' games!   It was a blessing to have yesterday's experience before today's; it made today seem like a piece of cake.  I'd love to teach social studies if that job was available and I never dreamed I would like it.  I thank God for a job I enjoy and a safe trip here today.  I'll teach whenever they call me for the high school, but I'm wearing red the next time; maybe that's the charm.  :)

I met a friend from college here today and he took me down and showed me all the new developments in downtown OKC.  I didn't realize I'd been gone so long from downtown.  It was fun to see all the awesome things happening in Oklahoma City!   I'll watch games all day tomorrow and then head for home before dark.  I think I may have a couple of irises blooming by then!  Woohoo!

7 comments:

  1. Mary Jo you look so pretty! I'm glad you had a good day. Mike and I are planting a garden today...nothing too big, some tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and a bunch of different herbs.
    Have fun at the games. I love you
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, great picture of you!!! So glad you are enjoying teaching. It can be very fulfilling!! Have a great weekend, I wish I were going to the games with you :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way subbing goes...one day good...another not so but always interesting. As time goes on, you will soon learn what teachers not to sub for...some because of students and some because they don't leave you materials or directions about what they want you to do. Don't know how it works there but they are always suppose to leave lesson plans, instructions, books, etc. You look great. We are to watch softball today too unless it gets rained out...rain looks promising. Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Terri. I'm excited about your garden; especially the tomatoes! You go, Girl! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Linda! You would have loved this day of games. The weather was perfect! The games were great, too! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Donna, they're supposed to leave plans, etc. If they don't I can ad lib, but I like it if they have good plans; I imagine the teachers with better plans will have the best classroom discipline, too. It's fun. I heard tonight that the teacher I taught for Friday wants the principal's position (just came open), so if her job comes open I'd sure like to have it! We'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, thanks for the compliment, too. I hope your game weather was good. Ours was PERFECT! I loved it! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete