Friday, March 16, 2012

Sunshine is great!


This is a picture I took last Sunday when I was getting the camera ready to take a picture of the group of us before church.  I'm at the bottom of my barrel of pics, so you have to hang tough with me today.  It was cool Sunday, so the fireplace sure felt good.  I'm so glad that spring seems to really be here, now.  I'm loving these sunshiny days!

Today marks 6 months from the day Don died and it's been a tough day.  Every day is tough, but some are worse than others and today has been one of the worse ones.  It's all in my mind, but my mind is in trouble today.  I've walked and sunned and started separating a new puzzle to work over spring break with Trish and her family.  Lots of good things are happening and I have so much for which to be grateful.  I know that I should be thankful for the past as well as the present and future.  I should live in the moment and give thanks and I do so thank God for so many blessings.  The devil has me by the hangnail, though.  I'll shake him loose.  I promised Don I could do this, so I will.  I never said I wouldn't miss him, though.

Tomorrow I'm going to Springfield to see (our son and his wife) Jeff and Jeanette and I'll get to see (their daughter) Jessie play a couple of ballgames.  Now, THAT will be a super day.  I look forward to it.  I'll get new pics and even some more sunshine!  Don will be proud.  Tomorrow will be a good day.  TODAY is a good day, I'm just not in great shape, but I'll shape up by tomorrow. 

I typed this last night, but then lost my Internet connection for hours.  I'm up in the middle of the night and it's working, so I'll post.  Sorry if anyone worried about me.  I'm okay; the Internet is just not always faithful.  The spell checker is not working on the blogger, so please pardon any mistakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment