Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time to work?

Here is the last puzzle that we worked in Branson.  It was 1000 pieces, but they were all there!  No telling when I'll get to work a puzzle, again.  I can see this teaching thing is WORK!

It wasn't that bad, although it wasn't a piece of cake and it ate up all day.  It reminds me that when we retired Don and I always wondered how we ever had time to work.  I'm wondering that right now!  Thank goodness the teacher I'm subbing for in the morning doesn't have a first hour class, so I don't have to be there until 8:45.  I'll be there at 8:30, but I've got to get to bed.  (Tomorrow I'm subbing for the social studies teacher in the middle school; I can handle that.)

I know I whined and whined about taxes when I was doing my corporate taxes.  But, I'm working on the personal ones, now.  With the stocks and Don's death, so that I inherited his half, it all gets very complicated.  I thank God that Jerry (my brother-in-law) is very clued into how to do all that stuff and he's working on it in Houston while I work on it here.  I'm hoping we can finish them up soon.  That's what I've wrestled with ever since I got home from school.

I was supposed to sub for the Home Ec. teacher today, but when I got there she was there and they put me in Government, History and Algebra 2.  I survived.  The kids survived, and all that seemed easy compared to the taxes!  My granddaughter, Jessie, is playing softball in OKC Saturday and Gracie has a soccer game, so I'm going to go breathe some fresh air this weekend and watch them play.  I'll go tomorrow after school and spend the night with Trish, so I won't be driving in the dark.  Jessie's last game is at 2, so I can get home Saturday before dark.  Then I'll tackle the taxes on Sunday afternoon.  God got me this far, He'll get me through these taxes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment