Friday, April 26, 2013

A day off is a good thing!

It was wonderful to have today off to get ready to leave tomorrow.  We slept in and that was a great start to the day!  We're packed except for the last minute toiletries, so that feels good!  We'll leave early in the morning and meet my good friend (like a sister), Terri, for lunch in Fairfield, Texas.  We're both looking forward to that; she is a bundle of joy!  Then we're looking forward to getting to spend a little time visiting with Doris and Jerry and we'll even get to watch Luke play a softball game on Sunday afternoon.  I really can hardly wait for that.  Luke is a little guy who was just tiny when all this breast cancer business began, so we got to watch him grow into quite a little athlete from the time he was able to walk! Our last two trips to Houston have been so rushed, so we're hoping to get to visit with all of Doris and Jerry's grandkids this time.

Breast cancer is a nasty thing, but it has brought lots of joy into my life.  I thank God for the joy along the way.  I know He has a purpose and a plan for me, so I approach every day with gratitude and pray that I can live it like He wants me to live it.  I pray that the generations of girls behind me won't inherit this cancer, but I pray that my example can help them if they do!  My example is the only gift I can leave for them, so I do my best to make it a good one.  I pray that I can live for years and years even with this cancer; some people do, so why not me?  Only if it's not God's plan; that's the only reason I can imagine.  I won't know anything about my results or plans until Tuesday, but I will report as soon as I know anything.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! I sure thank God that the wrinkles don't hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for safe travels and good results. God bless. Enjoy all your visits.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna! It's been great so far. The trip was beautiful with wild flowers everywhere and the visiting has been such fun! Thanks so much for your prayers! Love you lots!

      Delete
  3. I love you! You are the best example and so precious! Be safe! xoxox

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly, thank you so much. That's all beautiful music to me! I love you! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete