Monday, April 29, 2013

On the sidelines . . .

This is Logan, sitting in Doris' lap at Luke's game yesterday.  Our kids will remember when his daddy, Brett, looked exactly like this!  They will also see a lot of their own daddy in Doris; we all always thought they looked so much alike.  I thank God for precious memories and the opportunity to build more!

We finished up all the testing today at MD Anderson.  Tomorrow we see the doctor and find out the results and the plan for the immediate future.  Maybe I will have a treatment tomorrow; I hope so!

We battled the traffic and won.  We got lost once and Lee kept his cool; he's awesome!  I thank God that we had stopped and gotten a map when we were in Wichita Falls, so we found our way even after we were lost.  It was a good day.  It feels good to be safely back at Doris and Jerry's house; we're looking forward to the Thunder/Rockets game tonight!

3 comments:

  1. Wow.....blast from the past! It just how I remember Brett looking! He is absolutely precious! I love seeing Aunt Doris' smile too! She reminds me so very much of daddy! Love her so very much! She has a heart so much like his!

    We are so blessed that you have Doris and Jerry! We are also so blessed for Lee. No one is daddy, but he sure is a keeper and blessing for you and I am so grateful for him! Love you Mommy, Lee, Doris, Jerry and Brett and Heather!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jilly, I knew you'd love this pic. Wish you could be here to see how much Logan really is like his dad! Besides, it's just wonderful to BE here! These folks are all awesome. I love you for loving Lee; you're right he'll never be Dad, but we have room in our hearts for him in his own place. He's been so absolutely wonderful to me! Love you!

      Delete
  2. That is all so true, Jilly! I have to correct myself to keep from calling Logan Brett and fully expect him to come at me with sticky fingers at any moment! Yes, we are so richly blessed to have Doris, Jerry and Lee in our lives. Everyone in our lives has a special place and we are certainly blessed. Love you, Jilly!

    ReplyDelete