Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Friday in Branson.

This was a pic I got the first Friday we were in Branson.  This was the first day I felt pretty good after my first treatment.  It was before any of the kids got there, so we were just relaxing.  I know it was a Friday because I remember wearing that shirt and calling it red.  It did have a red stripe in it and a red bow at the neck.  Lee sometimes shakes his head at the slack I cut for myself.  :)

We went to Clinton (about 40 miles from here) to help a long time friend celebrate his 70th birthday.  I remember when 70 was old, but it doesn't seem so old, anymore, now that I'm so close to it!  I thank God for health of friends and the depth of health that I have.  I am so blessed that the treatments have been easy since that first one.  I am blessed that the pain in my head has been gone for weeks.  I thank God for the docs who have a clue how to help me.  I also thank Him for the natural remedies about which I've learned.  I'm enjoying using shaved frozen lemons on most everything (it's supposed to be 10 times stronger than chemo against cancer).  I'm also enjoying a bite of honey and cinnamon 3 times a day; I've learned that, indeed, cinnamon is a bitter herb, but honey is a wonderful thing.  (It's supposed to fight bone cancer, which I don't have.  I have breast cancer in the bones and that is a different thing.  However, I'm going after it with all I can!)  There are many more things to help me fight.  I won't go into them all, but I thank God for giving me things that I can do to fight as well as the docs who are trained to help me gain strength and live longer.  I've lived a wonderful life and I intend to live all the rest of my life with all the zest possible.  I am so grateful for family and friends.  Man, oh man, I am richly blessed!  Thank you for being among those blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment