Saturday, April 20, 2013

How blessed we are!

I look at this picture from our card game last night and am reminded of how blessed we are!  There is Dorothy, who is such an awesome lady!  She sees so very little, but we put that light there over her shoulder and she amazes us that she does so well.  We tell her everything that has been played, and we treasure the moments that we have to play with her.  She is as sharp as anyone at the table.  I'm sad that Joan doesn't show in the picture between Dorothy and I.  Also, Diana is hidden behind Bob.  These people are all so special in our lives.  Joan looks after our mail and the house when we travel.  Diana came and stayed here at the house a while this winter when Bob was in Kazakhstan and their heater was on the blink.  We were so glad to have her here!  Bob and Diana came to surprise us in Branson; they are so much like family, and we're so blessed to have them living right here in  Hobart.  When I learned that my cancer had returned I called Bob and Di and asked them to go out and be there with Dorothy when I called to tell her.  I knew that she was waiting to hear what the doctors told me and that she would take it hard; I wanted to be sure that someone would be there with her to help her to realize that this is all part of God's plan as is all our friendships. They went the extra mile and went to another friend's house to break the news to them after they left Dorothy in good shape.  These friends are all people who mean so much in our lives and I thank God for them.

I only meant to post this picture, but all that explanation just spilled over from my heart.  I know that I am so tremendously blessed.  Don't worry about me.  I feel really good and if I didn't have the doctors proving that I have cancer I wouldn't even suspect it.  I always wondered when folks learned they have cancer all through their body and die in a couple of weeks, but I can understand how that can happen, now because I feel so good and yet I know there is cancer lurking in my body.  Don't get me wrong; I don't expect to die in a couple of weeks, but I feel really fine.  I will always be honest and keep the information open on this blog.  I feel blessed that I am not suffering.  Every now and then I feel a pain that I can't explain and paranoia goes aflame!  I think that's all it is, though.  When I attempt to explain the pain in my journal to MD Anderson, it is always gone or too vague to describe.  I know I'm looking for issues to correct; God will take care of me, so I'm doing all I can and I'll leave all the rest to Him.  I totally trust Him, so I think that is the best approach.

I'm ready to play cards!  Let's play!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU! Your attitude inspires everyone who knows you and helps us to also look for the blessings in each day. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Doris! I love you, too! You and Jerry make going to MD Anderson a fun time. It's so wonderful to bask in your hospitality and love. You are more of my blessings! It makes me feel good to dream that I can inspire anyone and help them to look for the blessings in their lives. We are all so very blessed and we take so much of it for granted. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete