Tuesday, April 30, 2013

GREAT REPORT!!!

This is the face of a happy lady!  The doctor nearly danced into the room today to tell us the news of all my tests yesterday.  Everything was much improved since the last tests that were done in March. I will have all the reports to quote better after they update my records on the MD Anderson  patient site, but, for now, I can just tell you that everything was greatly improved.  I am so relieved that I'm not facing chemo, again!  I will gratefully keep my hair and gladly take these treatments once a month!  I can do them from either Branson or Lawton, which is an hour from home.  I don't have to go back to see the doctor at MD Anderson for 4 months!  One good thing about that is that it's 4 months; another good thing is that I'll be on Medicare then, so the costs won't be killing me!  Thank you all so much for your prayers and your love and concern for me!  Judy is still in Japan, so she missed this appointment; she really missed a good one!  She would have loved the difference in the doctor since he got to tell me such great news!

I look at this picture, that I just took here as I sit at the laptop in Doris' guest room, and it reminds me so much of my mom.  I see that a lot, but when I look close I can never see that I really look like her; there's something there, though.  It makes me feel good.  I know she'd be happy with today's news, too!  People say that Gretta and I look alike and I can never see that we do, but I'm honored.  I think Gretta really looks like my mom!  No doubt we are all related!




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful news! So thankful for the answered prayers. Love you! Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, I'm amazed that it could be so good, and I'm so thrilled! Thank you for sharing my joy and for your prayers and love!

      Delete
  2. Amazing! Congratulations! I can't tell you how much I missed being with you and Lee to hear the wonderful news! I will be there at your next check up. Much love, Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Judy! I can't tell you how much you were missed! You wouldn't have recognized Dr. Buzdar; he was a totally different man. It must be really fun for doctors when they have good news for their patients as opposed to the rotten news they have to sometimes deliver. I'm glad you keep an eye on the blog so you got the news quickly. Love and miss you!

      Delete
  3. Praise the Lord! Linda & Tom

    ReplyDelete