Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A happy Easter!

This is a picture I got of us on Sunday.  I look sleepy and I was!  I never seem to catch up on sleep.  I'm going to bed early tonight, though!

I did fine with my treatment today.  So far, so good, so I'm hoping I make it through the 24 hours without getting sick.  God provides, so I'm trusting Him to take care of me.  If my body needs to be sick, then God gave me Lee to hold me through it.  I didn't get sick at all the last time, but I only had one part of the treatment; I had both, today.  This is only my second time to have both and the first time the 24 hours after it was rough.  We survived it then and we can, again, if it happens.  I'm going to bed early so I can be up early and know if I need to call in sick at school or not.  I'm scheduled to teach, but they know I had a treatment today, so they'll understand if they have to replace me.  I don't have another treatment for a month and I go to MD Anderson for it; I'll be glad to see if they think this treatment is working or not.  Patience is a virtue.

God bless; thank you all for your love and prayers!

2 comments:

  1. Jo, I hope you don't get sick from your treatment yesterday, and you are getting to teach today. I am so glad you have Lee for a partner and are not having to deal with these issues alone. I know your girls would do all they could for you. God does provide. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! I did just fine last night and today; not a trace of side effects! PTL! Yes, Lee is such a godsend! Bob Dwyer had tried to call us a couple of times and kept getting voice mail. My cell phone had been deactivated because I failed to activate it, so he got a message that said, "This customer is not receiving calls." He thought all the worst possible stuff and was starting to panic. When I called him, he said, "I don't even have a phone number for Tom and Linda!" So, I gave him your number, but I advised him to keep an eye on this blog and he won't have to worry about me! Don't be surprised if he calls you sometime, though! He told me that he spent the last week out in the pasture with both cows; they couldn't even walk! He had a couple of vets and a couple of ranchers come look at them and they never figured out what was wrong with them. He babied and pampered them back to good shape, though, and they were supposed to go to market today. I'm sure glad they didn't get sick like that when we were there! He had already made arrangements for s guy with a backhoe to come dig a hole big enough to bury them both, so he wasn't expecting them to live. They turned it around and were doing good when I talked to him Monday. Thought you'd be interested in all that. Love and miss you two!

    ReplyDelete