Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Can she? Will she? She can and she will!

This is the little old lady sub that some kids are facing these days.  Yesterday was my toughest day in subbing and they asked me today to teach for that teacher all next week.  I hope we got the law laid down good, yesterday.  Next week will be a challenge, but I will love it.

Today went well.  The cold front hit while I was on the playground, but it was still a fun day.  I have no doubt that subbing is where I belong right now.  It's good for me and I think I'm good for some of the kids, at least.  I know I can be good for the teacher I'm subbing for, too; it will help her to know that school is under control.  She's learning to do dialysis at home on her husband, so she needs to have a clear head about school.  I thank God for the opportunity to be good in the lives of some other people.  Even when the kids turn me into an 800 pound gorilla I love them.  They have me so hooked.

I'm not scheduled to sub tomorrow, but I imagine they will call me.  We've got tricky weather happening here and I can just imagine some teacher will have a hard time getting in to school tomorrow.  I'll be ready and willing if they call.  I consider it my honor and joy to get to sub.  The greatest thing about subbing is that I get to see so many different kids.  I really feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment