Thursday, April 11, 2013

She came from this.

When I was in college, studying to teach elementary school, we were told the following:  By the time a child is 3 their character is 60% developed; by the time they are 6 their character is 90% developed; the last 10% of their character is developed in their puberty and teenage years.  I've thought of that so much as I sub.  I see these kids in middle school and know that they are deciding, right now, about the last 10% of their character.  The last couple of days I've taken pics of me to post and realize that I even look so much like I did as a senior in high school; right down to my haircut!  Pardon me for reminiscing, but I couldn't resist noticing since it's so much on my mind with the kids these days.  It's just too bad that the wrinkles have to come and stay, but I repeat that I am so grateful that wrinkles don't hurt!

I didn't get a call to teach today, so I'm going to get some things accomplished around here.  I started out with sleeping late!  I'm going to run out and give Dorothy a hair cut in a while and it's haircut day for Lee, too.  I'll get a trim.  We're going to Garrett's ROTC banquet on Saturday and we're not going grubby.

I thank God that I'm feeling good.  I know that I am so blessed.  I experienced a little pain back around the first of the year, and it was getting old.  What a blessing to have the pain disappear!  I pray that it's a sign that the cancer is backing up at the treatments we're throwing at it, but I'm grateful for the relief regardless of what it really means.

No comments:

Post a Comment