Sunday, April 14, 2013

Home, proud, pleased and tired.

Here is a picture that Garrett's girlfriend, Lindsey, took of us last night at the end of the banquet.  We were all very tired, but very pleased and proud!  Lee and I went on back to the motel, but Gretta stayed with Garrett and Lindsey for a dance.  Garrett is holding his awards and the ribbons they gave him for his uniform.  I still can't tell you exactly what his award meant, but I know that we were very proud for him to be recognized out of over 200 cadets.  I'll study it more as soon as I have time.  I thank God that Garrett has done so very well and I thank Him for Gretta's safe trip out here and our safe trip to the city.  I also thank God for the opportunity to share special times with Garrett and Gretta!

We got home tonight just a little before 10.  The TV didn't work, so we've been in technical mode for the last hour or so.  I've washed fruit and veggies from our grocery shopping and I'm so ready for bed.  I teach all this week, so I've got to get with the program!

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive looking group of people!!
    Congratulations to all of you! Love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruthie! I was so pleased to be there. I know Daddy would have been proud to have a military guy in the family and one with ribbons and recognition at that!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete