Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Check out those red shoes!

I am so known for hating shoes, but I fell in love with those red shoes that Gretta wore!  My heels are about 3 inches high, but hers must be 5 or 6 inches.  They sure looked good on her and she walked in them like a pro.  I would have fallen for sure if I'd been wearing those!  Our shoes got us up to be closer to Garrett's size, though.  I think he's about 5'9" or maybe 10" . . . seems so tall to me because he used be such a little guy, and that doesn't seem all that long ago!  This was in the hotel room just as we were leaving for his banquet.  It was a great night!  (Lee was taking the picture and I said, "Be sure and get Gretta's shoes!"  How crazy is that???)

Today went fine.  I helped with testing all morning and then had 3 classes to teach this afternoon.  Tomorrow and Thursday I will teach all day, grades K-12 and then Friday I'll test in the morning and teach the afternoon classes.  This has been a very interesting week.  It's the most challenging assignment I've had, but it's been fun and I don't regret it.  Again, I thank God for the opportunity to face the challenges and the training and ability to face them.  I feel blessed.   Sometimes I'm frustrated and I am concerned about their futures, but always I'm honored to have an opportunity to make a difference in their lives; it's what I always wanted to do and I have the chance, now.  What a blessing!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my shoes! Why the removal of the other comment? I had a blast! So glad we all got to go! Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are the first shoes I've fell in love with in about 30 years! (Maybe ever!) It was a great weekend! I removed the other comment because it was spam. Love you!

    ReplyDelete