Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

The blog isn’t letting me put on pictures, so we’re going with imagination tonight. And, I had the perfect pictures for Halloween! I was going to put on the latest pictures of my fingers and toes, and they’re really ugly. I guess you are being protected.

Today was a good day, though. The housekeeping angel, Angela called today and they called her to come get her daughter from school because she was sick. She didn’t have a sitter, so she said she has an opening and can come tomorrow afternoon if that’s okay with us. I told her that her daughter always comes before our house cleaning, so to just come clean whenever she can. It’s not like the house is nasty; most of it we haven’t even touched since the last time she cleaned! I so look forward to the day she comes, so waiting until tomorrow or whenever she comes just gives me more time to look forward to it. My biggest thrill is that I don’t have to do it! She is a blessing and I thank God for her!

The other good thing is that we only had 16 trick or treaters. Don had to take care of them, and he wasn’t crazy about doing it, so it’s a good thing he didn’t have to go to the door much. We have a ton of candy left over, but I guess that will fill up Christmas stockings really well. I don’t know why more people didn’t come; probably because it’s Wednesday night. Usually we have lots of church kids and I think we only had the preacher’s kids tonight; they came before church. We would have had more than 16 kids just from church alone. I thank God for them, too. Maybe I’ll send the candy to them to church on Sunday since they missed us. I doubt their parents will be thrilled with that, so maybe I won’t.

Another good thing is that I have stalks up for more rebloomers. I’ve been watching them and I think they’ll open tomorrow. I can’t wait to bring them in. I have two getting ready to bloom that I just planted last year, so I’m excited to see what color they are. I thank God for them. What a thrill to have beautiful flowers blooming at this time of year! God gives us such beauty year ‘round; this is just another example of His abundant goodness to us.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't get to have treatment but maybe it will help you to still feel good after the next treatment to get built up some more - of course you could have one of those $4000 shots! Do you have to stay away from your canasta group? I can't believe how gorgeous your irises are - we can only grow the scrawny ones here and they only bloom once.
    We got to see the little guys in Halloween outfits. We're excited about having Luke tomorrow - it has been 2 weeks since he was here.
    Be sweet to yourself - your attitude is an inspiration to all of us.
    Love you,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Doris,

    Those shots are $7-8,000 these days. I'm sure hoping I don't have to have one because we're talking the price of a used car. I'll have 3 more treatments and that's a NEW car to us. We don't do new cars; I sure hope I don't have to do these shots, either!

    Yes, I'm staying away from everyone. The UPS guy came to the door today while Don was gone and I took the package and then washed my hands. Don came in and I told him I took the package; he said, "Did you wash your hands?" We're fanatics.

    I wish these irises would live there. They are so nice to have!

    I hope somebody got pictures of the little spooks! I'll bet Luke will BOO you really good tomorrow. He'll be as glad to see you as you are to have him. Enjoy and give him a hug for us.

    Thanks for writing. I love you!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete