Wednesday, October 10, 2007

All set to continue treatments in Lawton!



Today was such a nice, easy day! My fingers and toes didn’t even hurt as bad. Maybe they’re getting better already? Maybe it’s because I’m not lifting a finger to do anything? Whatever, I’m grateful that the pain is easing!

I did call Lawton today to make arrangements and make sure they can do the treatments with the pump as they are here. I really like this. I’m not crazy about being tied to the pump, but I’m crazy about not being sick and the idea that it is minimizing the chance of damage to my heart. Those are good things!

I thank God that we have these treatment options here and close to home, too. This is wonderful, but home is always the best place to be!

The pictures on the blog look like repeats of yesterday, but these are the pictures that Don took with Judy’s camera. She sent them to me today. You can tell we are having the best time together. I still shake my head in disbelief that we could be together after all these years. She and I were at Itazuke together in 1960 and 61, then she found me in 1989; I didn’t dream any of us would ever get together again, but we have a reunion every 2 years and many of us get together between those reunions. It’s awesome! How wonderful it is for me to have her in my life and in this place at this time in my life!

Thanks for being a part of my support group. I thank God for you and for all the people close in Houston and at home, family and friends all over the world. I thank Him for the computer and the Internet to keep us all connected, too.

2 comments:

  1. does the fact that the tumor shrunk that much mean that after you have your surgery they can get it and be done with it? Will you still have to have radiation?

    I'm glad for the good news. We are all good here.....just still in a sea of dirt!

    Love you!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will still have to have radiation because they have me scheduled to see the radiology oncologist next month.

    I tried to talk the oncologist out of this next round of chemo since it has shrunk so much. She said we have to go through the whole process because of the concern for reoccurence; they want to do their best to prevent that. I'm good with that!

    So, I think we'll do the chemo, the surgery and the radiation and THEN we'll be done with it!

    I'm glad you're good there. Dirt will wash; hang tough!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete