Sunday, October 14, 2007

Tired Sunday, but storms!

This has been a very tired day for me. When I went to bed last night there was a dog barking right behind us. Those people don’t have a dog, but I think they keep someone’s dog sometimes because I’ve heard that dog before but not often. I’d just get to sleep and he’d, “Woof! Woof!” Don was watching football, so I don’t know when the dog finally quit. He said he was quiet when he came to bed around 11:00. I woke up at 7 with him barking, again. Ugh! I have a collection of bunnies, which I am getting ready to give to a friend. I thought about taking one of the bunnies over to them and telling them that ‘some bunny’ that lives behind them really needs some rest, so could they please do something with the dog. He didn’t disturb my nap today, so maybe they took him home. I hope so; I don’t think they’d appreciate my bunny. I think I would have been dragging all day from the chemo, but the dog sure didn’t help! Ruthie is having trouble with a neighbor’s dog barking and costing her sleep, too, so I’m really open to any suggestions you all might have!

We went to church this morning and then went to the Mexican restaurant with Dorothy and David. Jo Ann and Frank went to Mangum to be with their kids. Sidney is HOME and doing great! Frank is going to ‘teenage sit’ with him tomorrow. He still has lots of therapy to do, but he’s doing so well. Thanks so much for all your loving prayers! A perk of being from a little town: this weekend was Mangum’s homecoming and one of the girls from school came and asked if she could take Sidney to the parade. They said he could go if he’d remain seated in the truck. It turns out she took him by where a bunch of kids came out and put signs all over the truck saying “WELCOME HOME, SIDNEY,” and he was IN the parade! How cool is that? This morning at church we talked to the nurse who flew with Sidney to OKC and he said that he never thought Sidney would live until they got to the City; God is so great and gracious!

The picture on the blog today is the best I could muster today. I’ve been even more tired than I looked. I fell right into bed as soon as we got home from dinner. We’ve had storms around this evening, so I thought I’d better do the blog before I have to shut down again. We’ve been to the basement twice tonight and the siren went off once. This is interesting; usually we have storms in the spring. What a weather year! God is good, and taking care of us, though! We give thanks for so many rich blessings. Family and friends are the very best! God bless!

2 comments:

  1. You do look tired, but beautiful! That still isn't my favorite hat....but you are my favorite person!

    I love you mom!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, I turned the rim up, but it still doesn't work for you, huh? It's good I can be your favorite person sometimes, even with an unfavorite hat. Did you recognize the $100 dress? :) You'd flip out if you saw my flip-flops with that outfit. My toes just will not wear shoes.

    It's good that moms have a special place in the hearts of kids! Know that it's true with your kids, too, and it flip flops with moms to kids. It's a good plan that God has to assure us all of unconditional love!

    Love you heaps and gobs,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete