Saturday, October 13, 2007

Home sweet home!




We made it home safe and sound. We were able to stop in College Station and see Mom for a while and then Terri and Mike for a bit when they got there. It was a quick visit, but it was worth lots to us.

The rest of our trip was not remarkable. We were on the road from 7 this morning until 6 this evening, so we’re exhausted. I slept a lot of the way, but I’m going straight to bed as soon as I get my bath, which will be right after I post this entry.

I’m not sick at all, so that is such a blessing. I am so tired, though! Tired is okay; I’m so happy to lie down and my bed is so happy to see me!

We stopped on the way home and bought vegetables for salad, so I had to wash all those as soon as we came inside. We stopped and got barbeque for Don’s supper. I had a few bites of that and some no sugar added ice cream. What a nice cool thing! I’ll make up for it with a salad tomorrow. Oh, I started the broccoli sprouts, too. I believe Dr. Oz when he says green leafy veggies are good for us and I know that broccoli sprouts are about 10 times better for you than even broccoli. We’re on our way with the veggies.

The pictures on the blog tonight are:

1) The good fairy left a beautiful flower arrangement and homegrown fall tomatoes! God sends angels, and I didn’t even have to entertain her!
2) A picture from yesterday afternoon of Luke and I; what a precious boy.
3) The only picture Don could get of Terri and I today because the batteries died as soon as we got that one. God was so good to give us a good one. It was a blessing that we could see each other!
Thanks so much for keeping up with us and for keeping us in your prayers as we travel and as we fight this cancer. God has us all in His hands; what a comfort!

6 comments:

  1. You should buy a juicer...just a cheap one at Walmart! Oh my gosh, I HATE raw carrots, but I LOVE fresh carrot juice with a granny smith juiced in it!!! Yum, Yum, Yum!! I have a hard time eating melons and things because of texture too, but I can sure drink them in a juice! Juices with cucumber in them are really good too!

    I'll have to tell you a story sometime about a client who talked to me a few weeks ago about her friend that was diagnosed with cancer years ago that has been juicing ever since and she swears she looks better than she ever has and feels better....and it's been 15 years! Antioxidants at work!

    Love you! Glad you made it home. Elena has her first ear infection....but otherwise all is good. Joe and Garrett have been having "camp" fires in the backyard dirt/sand pit at night! I'm sure that's illegal with the drought we are in, but I guess dirt doesn't catch on fire! No one has turned them in yet and it keeps them outside....I'll take that as a blessing! Hopefully the mess will end soon, but seeing as the so called "clean up work" hasn't started yet I'm anxious to see the plan progress! :)

    I'm off to bed!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a juicer you can have! It's a good one. Rosie and Sam gave it to us and I've never used it. Thought I would, been hoarding it forever, and just never get the thing out. It needs to leave so that I have more space for the things I really use (blender, crock pot), so you can have it if you like. Are you guys coming to town sometime? Or is someone else that you know? Maybe we'll come there over fall break for a bit.

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Jilly! It looks like Trish has a juicer all lined up for me! Remember Robert and Emily from Tijuana? They also highly recommended a juicer. It's a thing I just haven't gotten around to doing, so you suggestion is a good nudge in the right direction. Actually, I like carrots, though.

    The 'camp fires' sound like fun times. I hope nobody makes them quit! It's good guy time for them!

    I sure hope you get the mess cleaned up soon, though. I know it'll make life lots easier.

    Love you!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, I'm the perfect 'go to' place for that juicer! Thanks for sharing! I don't know when we'll come that direction. We don't have a plan to go anywhere until I get something besides jelly for legs. I'm so bushed. I think in a day or two, surely I will begin to feel better. I feel fine; I'm just give out totally. I think I have to get better before they can knock it to me again on the 29th, though, so surely it will start soon, huh? Is fall break next weekend? I think I'll be better by then; come if you can!!!

    Love,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Terri....you are looking great. So glad to see your picture on here. Just know that I'm thinking of you...........dana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, Terri does look so good. The picture doesn't do her justice, but her hair looked the best ever! It's cute as a button on her! I had the nerve to say, "Your hair is all gone!" She got me back by saying, "Yours is too!" What a hoot!

    Keep looking, Girl. I count on you being there at the computer!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete