Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Big day at MD Anderson! Results are in!



Today was a big day for sure! We started out with getting my bandage changed and getting my stitch repaired. It was way easier than I thought it would be. So, I’m in good shape as far as the stitch goes. We’re using another bandage in hopes that it won’t eat up my skin, but it’s burning, so I’m afraid it’s not going to do well. We’ll hope to hold on with it until Friday and then figure out what to do about it.

The good news came with the ultrasound. My tumor has shrunk 96%! That’s awesome! I tried to talk them into doing the surgery sooner and skipping this next round of chemo, but they weren’t having that. They said it’s important to take the whole thing to enhance the chances of it not recurring. I’m in favor of that, so we’ll do it all.

The next surprise was that because I have the PICC line they could do part of the chemo at the hospital and send me home with the rest to be given with pump (which I wear) over the next 72 hours. That lets out our going home on Thursday, so we’re staying until Saturday morning. We’ll go home then if I feel like it. The pros to doing it with the pump is that it enhances my ability to not have nausea and it also enhances my ability to not have heart damage caused by the large doses of chemo. I’m in favor of BOTH of those, so we’re doing it.

It’s all new stuff to us, though, so we’re in unfamiliar territory. God knows all about it, though. He’ll take care of the details and us. What do people who don’t believe do???

The pictures on the blog tonight are:

1) Me waiting to get my stitch replaced in the PICC line.
2) Judy and I enjoying a hug after we’d seen the doctor and got her good news.

I am so tired. I’m headed right to bed. I’ve already given this to God. He’ll take care of us and have it His way. He’ll take care of this pump for us; it’s a new thing for us! You turn everything over to Him, too. He’s the best ever; we all know it; don’t forget to tell Him thanks!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful, wonderful news Maryjo. I'm very excited for you and I know you are thrilled with the results. Hey..you both look great (the hat is really cute)...Hi Judy.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jo, Thank God for the good news!! And thank you for all the updates and pictures you send. How could anyone be upset about things if they have the faith you have and that is all there is. God is in control and we all are aware of that and He is with you every step of the way. I Loved the pictures. You look so great and so does Judy. Bless her and all who are with you and helping you through this phase. Don is so Great too to stand beside it and hold your hand. Just keep looking ahead for brighter days!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Fraizer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, you say the right thing every time!!! Thanks so much for loving us!

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dot, you and Frazier keep us going, too! God is good to keep good ministers here amongst us to keep our hopes and dreams going. Judy and Aki and Doris and Jerry are so good to us here! Judy comes and sits with us all day; God love her! Then you see how she snuggles up to me and makes me feel so loved. It goes on like that all day. She's like having a sister to sleep with when it's cold!

    You two take care of yourselves, too and know that we keep you in our prayers, too!

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete