Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rice buddy.

Today has been another cold day for me. I’ve been took a bath to get warm this afternoon. That worked for a few hours. Then after supper I heated the rice buddy and I’ve been wearing him around all evening. I’m going to heat him again and take him to bed with me. Don is jealous of the rice buddy, but I’m sure he doesn’t want me to drag him around to warm my freezing body!

The picture on the blog today is me with my rice buddy hanging over my shoulder. I move it around to talk myself into feeling warm. Chemo keeps my body so confused; then this cool weather isn’t helping my confused body! (I’m so thankful that we aren’t running from forest fires or floods, though!) Can you tell I love this hat? For some reason I wear it lots of days; go figure.

I should explain the rice buddy for you who don’t know. It’s a white tub sock filled with white rice and sewed closed. Then I put it into a half pillow case (I cut pillow cases in half and sew them into two long, skinny halves.). I heat the buddy in the microwave for 5 minutes and it stays warm for hours. In the winter it’s too fun to take one to church with me; everyone smells it and thinks it’s fellowship dinner day. I’m not going to church anymore, since I have to avoid crowds, so I guess I won’t be doing that this winter.

All is going well here. I am praying for the folks in California near all those fires. My goodness; it’s a horrible situation. Gretta was there 3 or 4 years ago when they had those horrible fires and her friends lost their home. We’re praying they don’t lose it again! There are so many folks who need God’s help. He’s big enough and able to do it, so let’s ask Him. God blesses and we thank Him! Thanks for caring enough to keep up with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment