Monday, October 29, 2007

Set back a week.

The picture on the blog today is sweet Elena. You can see her hair growing in really well. I’m really keen on hair these days. Ha! Elena is standing in for me because I was in no shape for time for a picture today. Isn’t she precious; I’m so proud of her!

We got up at 6:30 to get to Lawton early for my treatment. Starting out that early is the first bad thing in a day. The next bad thing was that when they took my blood, the numbers were WAY down. They look at 4 in particular and they were all about half what they should be, plus another one was way down. They said that it’s normal for numbers to be that far off, but we just can’t do the chemo with them down that much. They said it will just take another week for my body to build back to where it should be. Of course I was disappointed because I don’t like to delay the treatment. They sent me home with these instructions:

1) Avoid crowds.
2) Wash my hands every time I go past a sink.
3) Take my temperature 3 times a day.

I am so at risk for infection because my numbers are so far down. They want me to take my temperature 3 times a day so that I’ll know the moment I have an infection and they can get me on antibiotics ASAP. I have to avoid crowds and wash my hands to avoid getting any bug. It all makes sense to me, so I’m good with it.

I came home and fixed lunch and then crashed. I had slept all the way home, too. I guess I need a lot of rest. Don is good to let me get lots. God will help me to build immunity this week so that we can continue; He knows the right speed for us to move. It was good that when I checked email today I had a thought for the day that was so appropriate:

There is more to life than increasing its speed.~Mahatma Ghandi~

Let’s all enjoy life to it’s fullest and trust God’s timing. Thanks for your support!

4 comments:

  1. Mom -

    Please, don't even go to church right now. I can't bear the thought of you getting sick on top of the chemo. God will understand if you miss a week. Just be a hermit and make sure you get your numbers up! Keep your chin up! We all love you very much!

    Jilly

    P.S. Thanks for sharing my Elena so much! She is 24" long now, and 14.8 pounds...GROWING!! We are counting the days until Branson. Joe is going to try to come...bless his heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary JO,

    You look especially beautiful in pink (yesterday`s photos). I so enjoy keeping tabs on you from Tokyo. I:ve had a hard time posting on this comment page due to Japanese characters giving me instructions. Just so happened Aki was here tonight to help. We will see if this gets through. Anyway, we send are love and think of you often.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jilly! Don't worry. I'm not going ANYWHERE except to the doctor. Poor Dad has to even do the grocery shopping! I'm pretty much sequestered here. I'm okay wiwth it, and my chin is up. I don't want to be sick for anything! Tired is enough!

    Hey, we love sharing Elena; we're so proud of her and miss her so much! We're so glad that Joe thinks he might can make it to Branson. That'll be awesome!

    Love you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Judy and Aki! I'm so glad that you two can be together in the land of the rising sun! It's especially good for me, since, between the two of you I get a post from you! I love hearing from you and I love the compliments! Thanks for your love and for keeping me in your thoughts even when you're on vacation!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete