Saturday, October 27, 2007

Elena Dolly.

Today was good until I started working on planning an Alaska cruise. Man! There are so many options. I am so confused. Don really wants to do this and if he does it I want to go with him. I guess if either of us goes, I have to make the plan. If any of you have been on an Alaska cruise and have suggestions to make, please let me know! I need all the help I can get. Like, do we want to do a 2-week cruise or a 1-week cruise? Do we want to do the inside passage? There are so many questions. I don’t even know the questions, let alone the answers! We have our jackets already bought, though, so we’re that much ready! We have the airline tickets we had for Hawaii that we can use to get up there, so we’re that much ahead.

The other good thing that happened today was that pictures of Elena arrived. We are missing precious time with her! They are coming to meet us in Branson for a few days after New Year’s, though, so we’ve got the knowledge of that to keep us going, as well as the pictures that Gretta is sweet to send. The picture on the blog today is Elena wearing her baseball cap backwards, like Grammy. She has more hair than me, though, plus I don’t have a purple hat!

I have my 2nd of the FAC treatments this coming Monday. If I am able to stay on schedule with my treatments, I’ll begin my last treatment on December 10th and they’ll disconnect the pump on the 13th. Those treatments make me lose hair, so I guess I’ll be bald until the first week in January. Maybe my hair will start to grow back, then? I wonder. Anyway, I should have surgery around the middle of January and then will start on radiation around the first week in February. Hopefully, I’ll be done with it all by the middle of March. Maybe I’ll have some sprigs of hair by then. My hair usually grows fast and I like it short, so maybe by June I can go without a hat? I’ll miss the hats, though; it’s okay. I’ll be glad to have hair, so I can go with visors and still wear hats if I want.

Whatever God gives me I will be pleased to have. It’s interesting. I still have eyebrows, eyelashes, and hairs on my arms. I don’t get it, but I don’t have to get it. I just have to like it. Whatever I have is good. Actually, I still have hair GROWING on my head. I have to shave it a couple of times a week. It’s all white, though. I imagine my hair is going to come back white. I think this hair is the hair that came back after I lost some hair from the chemo I had in Mexico; it just won’t quit. It’s not enough to comb, just enough to shave. It’s interesting: looking back, I think my mom turned gray when she started growing the breast cancer. I think I did, too. I should have read the clues, but it’s easier to look back and see the picture: like Monday morning quarterbacking! It matters, not. God knows all the answers, so I’m glad He’s in charge of everything. Just planning a cruise is too much for me! I’m so glad He’s driving the boat of life! I thank Him for doing that and taking care of us while we fumble around thinking we’re doing it!

2 comments:

  1. OOoooo, those eyes!! Betty Davis Eyes! What a beautiful dollbaby, but that is all the Shnell clan has, beautiful dollbabies! Jo, you are so inspirational and you look great! And I know why, because you trust God who will take care of us all if we just let him. Have a great Sunday and an even better Monday getting your second new chemo treatment. Say Hi to Don and Go Vols!! Love from Big Orange Country, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Linda, you got my day started off just perfectly with your noticing and loving those Elena eyes and all our precious grandbabies. Some are really big, but we think they're all beautiful. I have to avoid the crowd at church, so today is a work day for me. I've got the bed changed. Now, I'm doing laundry. The housekeeping angel comes Wednesday and we'll be gone tomorrow for treatment. I don't know how I'll feel Tuesday, so I figure I'd better sling all the dust today that I need to sling before she gets here to clean up after me. Thank you so much for encouraging me to hire her!

    Yes, Go Vols! That was close yesterday!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete