Monday, October 22, 2007

Chili day!

Today I nearly froze. I don’t know what the temperature was, but I think it was in the 50’s. It’s supposed to get down to 39 tonight. I’m glad we’re spending the really cold months in Houston! I’m not good at this cold at all!

We didn’t make a picture today; this picture on the blog is one from Friday. I’ve been wearing the same heavy robe all day to stay warm; same hats, too. I’m still freezing. I got into the tub a while ago and that warmed me for a while, but the freeze is taking me over, again. UGH. I think I need to go to bed with a rice buddy. Don has several TV shows he’s watching.

Don had me busy with the company books all day. You’d think that would warm me, but it didn’t. It makes me tired. I hate details! We’re getting things together so that we can do our taxes from Houston without the problems we had last year with the mess I had made. He’s so smart to get us in shape ahead like this. He’s extremely patient, too. How blessed I am to have him be the brains around here, as well as the doctor of the house!

The good thing I did today is make chili. I’ve wanted to do that for weeks and it was finally cold enough to be the perfect time. It felt good to sit down to a hot bowl of chili!

I go for my next chemo treatment next Monday, so I’ll be getting everything done this week that I can. I can’t expect to be so lucky to feel good with this next treatment, so I want to be ready to take it easy. I thank God that I made it so well after this last treatment and I thank Him for the direction to be braced for whatever next week brings. I really thank Him for the opportunity to do all this chemo from home.

When we go to Houston for the surgery and radiation our plan is to get an apartment for approximately 3 months. We’ll need to be close to MD Anderson because we’ll have to be going nearly daily for treatments, check ups, etc. We can take enough of our stuff to feel at home, but I’ll have to be very organized since we won’t be home for a while. I thank God for the opportunity to plan ahead, for the opportunity to have these treatments, for the hope of recovery, and for friends and family who are so supportive!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, now I know what you mean about the rice socks. Jane made us both one a couple years ago and do they work!! In an email from her this morning, she said she was taking one to bed with her last night. She said, 'They just put me out!'It sure is beginning to feel like winter time, but I love winter and snow!! I am glad you will be where it will be some warmer this winter. It sure is sad about the fires. Ruthie was telling about one when they live in California and watching the blaze coming nearer and nearer. That would be scary! Time is moving along fast and I am happy you are looking ahead and taking care to have things just like they need to be. You are a real organizer!! Just keep on keeping on and we will help our Prayers! They work. God is so Good!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Dear Dot! I love snow and winter in pictures, but in real life, I'm turning into a beach bum, I think. I used to not mind the cold, but I get so cold to the bone, now that I'm really leaning toward warm, and will be so blessed to be in Houston for the winter.

    Yes, I remember when the fires were so close to Ruthie and Phil. I'm sure glad they aren't out there, now. It's horrible to watch on TV; I can only imagine how awful it would be there. God bless those people!

    I wish I were a better organizier. If I were, then I'd be right up to date, already. I'm getting ready, though. I'm not going to have the hassel I had last year!

    Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. I know that it makes everything better for all of us when we pray.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete