Monday, October 15, 2007

Still tired, but NOT sick!!! PTL!!!

Today has been a simple but tired day. I’m almost ready for the angel housekeeper to come on Wednesday. I start on Sunday and do a little at a time until I get all the dust making things done. (Change sheets; do laundry.) Tomorrow I just have to get all the suitcases out of the floor from our trip. That shouldn’t take so long, so I’m doing well.

I am so tired that I can’t believe it. It seems like I should have done something to get this tired. I guess I did; I took this new chemo treatment. That’s okay. I’m so glad it’s available to me! I’m so thankful that I only got one of the three bad side effects! (It’s notorious for nausea, vomiting and fatigue; I got the best of all three, so PTL!!! I can see me hanging onto the toilet for dear life and I give thanks for my angel housekeeper, who keeps it spotless!) Trish reminded me today that the effects might be cumulative like the neuropathy was, so I should be bracing for the last 3 treatments. I can take 3 more of anything, surely! She gave birth to 6 kids at home with a midwife and NO epidural or anything other than what nature provides, so I’m not going to complain to her, for sure! People do such tougher things than I’m doing. Don is so good to not expect a thing from me. Bless his heart; he encourages me to nap a lot. If I didn’t feel like such a bum this could be sort of a spa sort of thing. Don’t anybody get excited; it’s really no fun so cut out that sugar right now. Sugar feeds cancer; so don’t give it a jump-start.

I was wearing a scarf around my neck to help to keep me warm when my hat doesn’t cover enough. Then I’d have a hot flash and pull the hat off and get cold somewhere without my hat. So, I was fixing dinner tonight when Don came in and said, “So, is this a new hat?” HA! I told him he should take a picture for the blog so you see what fun he has every day. Dana, you wanted some cool scarf action; I’m afraid this might be it! I have a blue one, too, so it may get a little cooler! Ha!

Thank God for everything we have. Life is so good for us!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo,
    Have read your updates since I arrived home Sunday from a week in Gatlinburg. Am so glad of the shrinkage of the tumor; that had to be the best news. Your comment about Judy back in high school in Japan was neat. Am so happy you found each other and have remained dear friends. My high school friends are like family. We have reunions every year and have for what seems "forever." Some of us have moved around and came back to TN. Some moved and remain in other states, but come back to reunions as often as possible. And since 2000, each year it seems some leave us in death, but that is life, too! We've enjoyed some great times and have beautiful memories. I am very happy for you that you have Judy when you go to Houston. Sister Al called last night and asked if I had read your blog, and I had not, so today I will call her and let her know of the update. Your extreme tiredness reminds me of when I had GBS. I was just so tired and as the tiredness progress, the paralysis became worse; I am trying to relate to your tiredness and that is the nearest that I can come to it. Dear Don...I am so happy he is so good to you and expects you to do nothing but rest. I love your pictures. You look so well even with all the tiredness. I, too, thank God for his watching over you. You are so right to just turn things over to Him as he can take care of it all for you. My prayers are for you and Don. Yes, I agree with Trish, rest and save your strength for the remainder of the chemo time. I send my love to you and Don. Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welome home, Eb! I'll put on the blog a picture of you and Alice (from the reunion) in the next couple of days. I know folks will want to have faces to go with the names.

    I'm glad you understand about my relationship with Judy. It is one to treasure. She sure makes what could be really traumatic fun. She and her husband are really good for Don, too.

    You'll be glad to read today's blog that I'm feeling so much more lively. I only have 3 more of these treatments, so I can take this! I think you had it tougher with GBS and I'm sure Al has it worse with her ailments these days. I'm so glad that you've recovered and I pray that Al will find relief, too.

    Thanks so much for your love, prayers, and support through all my life. You are another treasure in my life!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete