Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Another good day!



Today was another good day for me. The best thing about it was that Angela, the housekeeping angel, came. She is such a treat! I took my nap in the basement and then sewed. I love it when she comes! I can only give thanks! My neuropathy is holding at 6, so that is so good. I’m so glad it’s going in the right direction!

I’ve got to tell you a funny thing. Last night when we went to bed I was going on about how happy I was that my fingers and toes are better. Don said, “What makes you say that?” I said, “Well, if they weren’t better I couldn’t have fixed that chair today.” He said, “That’s not about your fingers and toes at all; that’s all about your hard head! You just wanted that chair fixed TODAY!” He’s such a hoot. I can never say anything serious that he doesn’t make something funny out of it. Here I was winding down to go to sleep and he threw me into a laughing fit.

Pictures on the blog today are two of my sweet cousins. The first is Evelyn. She is so awesome. She is the person really holding our family together right now, I think. My cousin Frank does the family reunion every year, so that’s probably the BIG thing that holds us together, but between reunions Evelyn keeps us all in touch and informed by email. She retired from Kroger several years ago and instead of only relaxing and enjoying retirement, she learned how to work a personal computer and got on the Internet and started keeping up with all of us. It would have been easy to never bother, but she never took the easy route in her life. We all call her Eb; likely because Evelyn was too hard to say and she answered to Eb.

The second picture is Alice. She is Evelyn’s (little bit) older sister. Alice is the oldest of all our cousins on my Mom’s side of the family. She had a son who was a year old when my mom delivered me. My mom and dad were separated when I was born and she had my sister, who was 5 and my brother who was 8. Alice (being an angel in real life) brought her little one-year-old Jere and came to stay with Mom and help her with the new baby and two bigger kids. This was nearly 60 years ago, so my Mom was in a very uncomfortable position, I’m sure. Maybe I always loved Alice because of early bonding. It’s cool that she is the oldest of us 11 cousins and I’m the youngest.

Everybody has special people in their lives and these two sisters are two of the special people in my life. I count them among my blessings and thank God for them. Evelyn made a nice long post on the blog a day or two ago, and she mentioned Alice, so I thought it was a good time to introduce them. I did good to keep it this brief. I could have written long and pretty books about both of them!

One of our nephews (David Petr) prayed to God over a meal once when we were visiting and he thanked God for placing us into families. I had never thought of that blessing until he said that prayer and I’ve repeated it often since. We are so blessed by our families. Join me in thanking God for our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment