Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Feeling better!

Praise God! Today I think this treatment has turned the other direction! I didn’t feel great, but I felt so much better than I’ve felt since Friday. I didn’t get around to napping this morning, but I went to bed right after lunch because I was afraid of crashing later. I never slept. I was reading my book and never got sleepy. The phone rang 3 times, so it would have waked me even if I had slept, but I was so amazed that I wasn’t tired enough to sleep! After I got up I cleaned out a chest in our bathroom that has make up and hair stuff in it. I won’t need those things for a while, so I got them out of the bathroom and filled those drawers with bandage equipment. Things sure do change, don’t they? After that I repaired a shelf in our closet and a chair in there! I was just little miss fix it today and it was so fun to be doing some things sort of normal. (Don is the brains in our house; I’m the fix it person. Last week when I broke that chair he told me to throw it in the trash. My mother wouldn’t let me throw anything in the trash; my dad would want me to fix it!) All that fixing required lots of using my fingers and I was really surprised that I could do it! My neuropathy pain has been a 7 and I’m ranking it at 6 today. It was at 9 last week when I went to Houston and I carried my hands like they were burned. This is so much better and I’m so giving thanks!

You can look at today’s picture and tell I’m feeling better. I really couldn’t whip out a better picture since Saturday. This FAC stuff just whips me, but I think I’m on my way back to feeling good. I thank God for keeping me whole and for all the support He’s given me through my whole life.

Count the blessings with me. We don’t have to get the numbers right; they’re too big. What matters is that we recognize how much God gives us; how great He is and how gracious He is. Wow!

4 comments:

  1. Well, Little Miss Fixit!!! Don't you look "spiffy" in all your blue and wearing your bright smile?!! I'm so glad you feel like you've "turned the corner" and are feeling better. You are so right.....I know Mom wouldn't let you throw that chair away and neither would Phil!! Good for you for fixing it and best of all....feeling like doing it!! You are "tuff" and with God's help will get through all of this and win this battle!!

    I love you!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pep talk, Ruthie! Thanks for understanding I had to fix that stuff, too. Yeah, Phil would be proud of me.

    You bet; I'll win this battle and the war, too!

    Love and miss you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great news, Jo, You are a Dandy!! I just enjoy your Updates and pictures so much. The way you talk about fixing things make me think of my Mom especially. She could fix most anything and if not, put it back till, "I can fix it.' I agree with Ruthie, You are tough. I am so glad you had a good day. I am a worry wort and thought you hadn't sent an update yesterday so here I go emailing Ruthie, Is Jo Ok. Thanks for the pictures and updates and hope and pray you will keep having 'Better Days.' God is so Good! We do Thank Him for all Blessings and for you and your Sweetie, Don! What would we ever do without our husbands!!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. No lie, Dot! Don is so patient with me, especially on the days that I'm so dragging. Then when I have an energy spurt, he's patient with that, too. I'd be in a world of hurt without him and his great support!

    I'm surprised at how well I'm snapping back. I was so dragging and when I get like that I feel like I'll just run down to nothing. Then; POOF! I'm coming back, and it sure feels good.

    Thanks for keeping an eye on me and my progress. Support like yours and all the others sure help to keep my spirits up. It would sure hurt if nobody cared!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete