Friday, October 12, 2007

Disconnected!


I am SO disconnected from the pump! The pump is great, but when it’s gone it’s ever better! It’s so freeing to be disconnected! They gave me another 15 minutes of chemo before we left, so I have to take an anti-nausea pill before I go to bed, but I’m feeling fine! Yee Haw!

We’re planning to get up early in the morning and head for home. We’re going through College Bryan Station to see Terri and Mike Lamb and Mom if we can. Mom is in critical condition and not expected to live, so we may not get there in time to see her. You friends from Itazuke know that Terri’s Mom is special to all of us and she’s been like a mom to Don and I since the Branson reunion. She’s just reached the end of her road and we want to be there for Mike and Terri if we can.

If all goes well we’ll have a little visit and then continue on home. It’ll be good to get home before dark and then find our own bed. It’s wonderful here, but there is no place like home!

The pictures on the blog tonight are Luke and I with our ‘bald’ pictures. Luke really has hair, but it’s so light that it looks like he’s as bald as me. This bald club is a great place; some of the best people are in this club. I’m still giving thanks for hair, though. It’s been a real awakening to me how much warmth it gives! God knows who needs it and who is tough enough to do without it. I have the utmost respect for bald guys, now!

I thank God for Mom in our lives and ask Him to give her relief and bless Terri and Mike as they let her go home. I thank God for good treatment and for good friends and family to support us!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo and Don!! Great news on your cancer report!! Praise be to God who answers our prayers. We love ya'll, and have a safe trip home today. Linda/Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm . . . I answered this but it got away. Probably has something to do with that I did it wrong in my fatigue??? Anyway, thanks so much for keeping us in your prayers. We made it home safe! I'm headed to bed!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Terri....I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I remember the reunions she came to...what a character. She had us in stitches. Just know that I'm thinking of you. dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you're the best! Thanks for hanging in here with us. Terri needs you, too. Remember Mom dancing in Branson? Precious memories, huh?

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete