Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Backwards hats even for a grammy!


Ha! Today I learned that I could wear my baseball caps backwards, too! I had tried them backwards before, but it didn’t feel right; made me tilt my head down toward my knees. It just didn’t work. You’ve heard that necessity is the mother of invention? Yep! I was wearing my ball cap and the back of my head and neck were freezing. I was busy doing something and flipped it around. WALA! Warm head and neck! What a trip! I learned how to set it just right so that it keeps me warm. Yep, I look goofy, but it sure works. That’s the first picture. I was on the cell phone, too; typical!

The next picture is with my hat turned right. I thought I’d have too much pride to put the backwards hat picture on the blog, but, you know how my pride has been slipping lately. I think God likes me better with less pride.

He’d be more pleased with me if I didn’t pitch tantrums, too, so I’m working on that. I failed a test today, though. I watch very little TV. I don’t even know how to work our TV’s. It usually doesn’t matter to me. Normally, I think I don’t want to watch anything bad enough to learn how to work it. Well, today I asked Don what’s on TV tonight? I thought if it was anything I wanted to see, then I’d work my chores around to have some free time for TV tonight. He spouted off about 8 shows, which means he’s going to watch three channels at once. That means right when the important part of the show is happening, he’ll flip over to some other channel and I’ll swear off of TV, again. He asked if there was something I wanted to see and I said, “No.” He reminded me that I could watch whatever I wanted to watch in the bedroom, so I thought about that and decided I’d go get that TV set onto the channel I want to watch at 8. I started at about 6 because I figured it would take me that long to get it going. Sure enough; I was right. I couldn’t get it to work. I had a great channel of snow and static going. I came in and asked him what channel it was supposed to be set on for the satellite to make it work and he said, ’73.’ HA! It was on ‘4.’ It would have taken me forever to get up to 73 because I’d keep flipping back and forth thinking surely this is not right! Plus, my fingers are ouching today!!! So I went back to our bedroom and slammed the door as I went. I don’t even remember when I slammed my last door, but it sure felt good. He came right back and fixed the TV for me, too! It’s really tempting to think, “Hmmmm; I might do that again!” I remember about crying wolf, though . . . so I won’t be slamming anymore doors anytime soon. I’m working on this attitude. The devil made it feel so good, but he’s a rascal. What a nice guy Don is to set up my TV for me, and he never even mentioned about me acting like a baby!

Ha! Just the night I’m all set up for TV we have storms coming. The Lord says that vengeance is His. I wasn’t supposed to slam that door! He’s so good; He taught me about wearing my cap backwards today! He gives me you all to support me and read my silly stories and still love me. Thanks to Him and to all of you! To God be all the glory!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jo, you just crack me up, as our Daughter, Janie would say! Ha. It gives me something to smile big about almost to the point of laughing out loud!! What a sense of humor along with all the other good traits you have! I thought the cap backward was about the best idea I have heard in a long time. How clever you are. That was so funny about you slamning the door and then feeling bad about it. I know the feeling. ha
    Now about your windmill weeds. I wonder if they are the same we use to call Tumble Weeds. But, Goodness, we never had so many as you have. It was a treat for us kids to chase them. We are counting down with you and hope all goes well Thursday with your last chemo treatment!! God is so Good! He answers Prayers!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dot! You make me feel better about being a weenie yesterday! I'm glad it was good for a laugh for you. Don was laughing, too. I'm glad folks can laugh. I plan to be a better sport today! Our daughter, Trish, said it was okay for me to take a bad day every now and then. I took it yesterday! Ha!

    Those windmill weeds are like tumble weeds in that they blow in and sort of float everywhere, but they are lots smaller! A tumble weed you can pick up like a bush, but these are single little rascals and they melt away like cotton candy when you grab them. It's a trick to pick them up and get them into bags. We've about got the hang of it, though.

    Thursday and the last Taxol are coming! Yipee! Next week when I get to the FAC, I may be wishing I had my Taxol, again. I doubt it, though! These fingers are ouching!

    Love you so much,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete