Thursday, October 4, 2007

Taxol is HISTORY for me!



Everything is good today. When I told them my fingers and toes are hurting a lot they said they could delay the Taxol treatment and give the fingers and toes a chance to have a break from it. HA! No way; and give the cancer a chance to take a break from it, too? So I’m not even going to mention it again! I was reading something (don’t even remember where) that the fingers and toes will begin to feel better in about 3 weeks from the last Taxol. I can live with that. I have a lot to distract me for the next 3 weeks. So, that’s a done issue; I’m not going to give it any more energy; please don’t worry about it for me. God doesn’t like worry; He likes us to turn everything over to Him because He’s up all night anyway!

I did just fine with my last treatment and we went to the Mexican Restaurant for supper to celebrate. Dorothy and David joined us, so it was fun.

Sidney is doing better and better. Of course he still has a headache, but with a cracked skull that’s no surprise. We’re all impatient, but he needs some time to heal. Jo Ann and Frank took Sidney’s little brother (he’s in pre-K, so it won’t hurt him to miss a few days) to Oklahoma City to be with his family, today. He’s been staying with friends, but he was starting to wonder what happened to everyone. Three weeks ago his granddad died and is gone forever and now last week his Mom and Dad and big brother disappeared. He needed to see them! So, they took him to the hospital to see everyone and he’ll be staying with their other daughter and his favorite aunt and he can see his family whenever he needs to see them. Things are working for them.

Jo Ann and Frank are having us all out to their house to play cards tomorrow night. They need a distraction! It’ll be good for all of us.

The night after chemo I usually have a hard time sleeping. I got up at 4:30 this morning to go to chemo, so maybe I’ll be tired enough to sleep. I hope so. If not I’ll catch up on some emails.

We came home and checked the snail mail. Those of you from Itazuke will remember Susan Parks (Tarter), class of ’64. She is the last of the big spoilers. She sent a package with 3 winter hats AND some BANGS. No, not a loaded gun, but bangs to wear under my hats. I’ve put the bangs onto the blog tonight. I’ve got a picture of me with the straw hat and no bangs and then one with the bangs. Then there’s a picture of a nice warm hat she sent with the bangs. That's a mug with lady bugs that Susan sent after visiting here and we took her up to see the lady bugs on Mount Scott. I’ll have to work with the bangs to get them to look natural, but I think they’ll be fun to wear sometimes. Susan, said, I know you said not to send hats, but, I never listen. What a hoot! {{{{{SUSAN}}}}} Here are hugs, for you!

God never stops! He’s so good and picks us up when we need it. I know that. At the lowest times in my life (this cancer is probably in the top 10 but it’s at least 4th down on the list) He has never let me down. He’s always there; He takes His time because He knows what He’s doing. I’m so thankful for that and I turn it all over to Him. I thank Him for YOU, and thank you for reading this and loving us.

2 comments:

  1. Cute bangs!! I'm thinking those are the best kind of bangs to have - never need trimming, never have to grow them out, just take em off and put them away when you're tired of them! Maybe I'll shave my head, too......

    Congrats on the last Taxol. Hope your fingies and toes get better quickly!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny Trish! These bangs are great, but I think shaving your head is a little too much. It's fun, but it's cold. I think I'll even be glad to have a little hair again. I need something to help the lipstick make me look like a girl.

    Squeeze all the kids for me!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete