Thursday, October 11, 2007

View the pump and nephews



Today has been a great day, but I’ve been really tired. That’s par for the course, I think, with chemo. The treat was that Luke and Colter were here. Luke was here all day and Colter came by for a visit. It was good to get my nephew fix!

The first picture is one of me this morning showing my pump. I have it open so you can see inside it. If you look at the third picture you can see it closed and laying under my elbow.

The second picture is me holding Colter. I was asleep when Colter came, so I probably was as sleepy as I look in the picture. Colter is 4 months old.

The third picture is me holding Luke. Luke is 6 months old. This is the one where you can see the pump below my left elbow.

I’ve continued to feel good today except for being tired. I finish one of my nausea pills tonight at midnight. I sure hope the feeling good holds. I have another prescription of different nausea pills if I need them.

God is so good to take care of us. Tomorrow we go to have the pump disconnected. I feel so blessed to have the opportunity to use the pump because it decreases the chance of nausea and also decreases the chance of damage to the heart. It’s because I have the PICC line that I can use the pump. God is taking care of me and I thank Him for that! I thank Him for the blessing of your support, too. I thank you, too!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those boys are so cute and BIG!! The both of them are as handsome as their daddy's!

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot! Do you or Trish want my Lansinoh? I have little tubes of it that they gave me at the hospital and I don't need it. Let me know and I will mail it to either one of you.

    Jilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, they are handsome and BIG "little" guys! It's so fun to get to be here with them while they are growing like this! It's a blessing that goes along with this cancer treatment.

    It's also fun to see their daddies and mommies and their grandparents being so proud and pleased!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jilly, I would love to have your Lansinoh! Please mail it to our house. We'll be home Saturday if all goes well, so we'll be there by the time it gets there. Thanks so much!

    Love you gobs,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete